better pics of my pens with 3 new ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hazegry

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazegry

well guys I am getting a better feel for my camera
the pens are EL Grande Cocobolo, Baron BoxElder, Toni Twist Olivewood, SL Walnut with friction polish, SL Granadillo, SL Red Palm, and SL Purpleheart
100_4631.jpg

more pics can be found here http://photobucket.com/albums/v220/hazegry/wood working/?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Everybody tries to get the most possible out of the slimlines. It is almost a badge of beginners. I did it. But that bulbous look just isn't attractive to most folks. How did you put the brass/gold lines in the one? Nice touch. Overall, your works looks just fine and finish is far better than many, beginners or not, ever achieve.

hazegry

I just cut the blank and put some brass sheet inbetween and glued it up with ca and a vise. It is going to a guy in GB for an aniversery present for the wife. That is why I put the 2 gold bands in to symbolize there 2 wedding rings. I am going to see how the sl sell like that I may go to a thiner version of it. I think it is more comfortable to hold that way.

hazegry

sold all but one today I also kept the first one I made thats not for sale. I used the money to buy more kits and some ca. Hopefuly this will take off like I want it to I know I can sell a bunch of them fri for mothers day if i can get the kits in time.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by hazegry
<br />sold all but one today I also kept the first one I made thats not for sale. I used the money to buy more kits and some ca. Hopefuly this will take off like I want it to I know I can sell a bunch of them fri for mothers day if i can get the kits in time.

Congratulatios. That puts my "bulbous" remark in it's place. [:I]

hazegry

different market I guess but I did have several people say they liked the slimer kind as well. I am going to make some of each kind to appeal to more buyers. I think I could have sold several more slimlines today if I had them.

Charles

I also have sold several SL that are fatter. My wife calls them hippie and that they are easier to hold. I have found several ladies up in age to prefer them due to the light weight and the fatter portion allows a better grip especially if there is some arthritus in the hands.
By the way, they all look great. friction finish is mentioned on one pen, what is the finish on the rest. Also what is the "gold inlay" material you spoke of?

terrymiller

The walnut with the inlay is friction polish the rest are done with a version of the Fanger finish. The inlay material is brass stock 0.016 thickness. The blank was cut the brass was cut a little larger than the blank then scuffed and glued in then clamped very tightly so as not to get any gaps. I get the brass stock from Hobby Town USA they sell it in sheets. I also have tried the thicker stock but it did not want to turn as well on the lathe it kept catching and stopping the lathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom