Bethlehem Olive Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RollTide

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollTide

This is my first Baron pen and first time working with Bethlehem Olive Wood. It was very easy to turn and lets off some what of a pipe tobacco smell. I made this one for the Pastor at my Church. I think he'll be pleased. I hope so anyway.

2007121221261_PastorPaulsPen2.jpg

Thanks,
Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sparhawk

That looks like your best one yet Steve. I really like that one. Have been wanting to do a baron but just havent gotten around to it yet. Is it a fountain pen or rollerball?

RollTide

Thanks Hugo and Mike! Hugo...it's a roller ball pen and believe it or not that is a ca finish on it. Finally got one to come out smooth.[:eek:)]

sparhawk

You did good son. I really like that finish with that wood. Nice smooth satin type finish that looks like wood. Not like a foot of glass. (Although i like the foot thick glass look on some woods)

RollTide

Thanks for all the compliments. I think I finally got a finish I'm happy with. Although you can't tell in the picture it is actually a little more glossy. My photo skills are still very lacking. I sanded through 12k MM, 1 coat thin ca, sand with 1k, cross sand, 2nd coat and so on to a 3rd coat. Then finish with a polish. And the polish is just a stick of Ryobi from Lowes.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom