Betel nut Ultra Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kalai

Kalai

Hi everyone, I have a friend that has a bunch of Betel nut palm trees, there are some people that chew the nuts from this tree but I like to dry the nut and turn it.
In the past I have only made miniature bowls from these betel nuts, they average about 3/4 of inch round, like small marbles.
I decided to take some and I sanded the ends of a bunch of the nuts and then I drilled them and then glued them together and then glued the tube and made this pen, I hope that you enjoy it, I used 8 betel nuts to make this pen. Aloha.

Kalai

Attachments

• betel nut pen 008.JPG
    betel nut pen 008.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 398
  • betel nut pen 009.JPG
    betel nut pen 009.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 325
  • betel nut pen 010.JPG
    betel nut pen 010.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 312
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Hi everyone, I have a friend that has a bunch of Betel nut palm trees, there are some people that chew the nuts from this tree but I like to dry the nut and turn it.
In the past I have only made miniature bowls from these betel nuts, they average about 3/4 of inch round, like small marbles.
I decided to take some and I sanded the ends of a bunch of the nuts and then I drilled them and then glued them together and then glued the tube and made this pen, I hope that you enjoy it, I used 8 betel nuts to make this pen. Aloha.

Kalai

:bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies027: Kalai; What a unique pen you have made!!! One would never in a million years guess that it is made of Betal nuts glued together. Color and texture are grate. Fit and finish are excellent. Next time we are on the islands I will have to bring some back. Peace !! Jim S

Fibonacci

That is pretty cool.

Any interest in selling a small flat rate box of the nuts? The miniature bowl idea seems right up my niece's alley.

SDB777

Very cool!! For a second here, I was almost thinking this was a really big nut....but then the close-ups showed the segmenting of them.

Can nuts(which is a seed) even be shipped into the continental United States?

Scott (unique texture) B

kronewi

Just looked at your site. I was hoping you might offer the nuts for sale. Do you plan to offer them? I would be interested in some.

Kevin

Kalai

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments, it was fun to make this pen and it turned out real well. To those who might want some, I do not sell them right now but I will be making some for the pen turners so keep your eyes out.
I looked on ebay and they do sell the nuts on ebay and the guy is in Florida, he sells them by weight and I weighed some and for 8 oz. you will get about 44-50 nuts and it took me 8 nuts to make this pen. If any of you have any questions about this let me know. Thanks again and aloha.

Kalai

Fibonacci

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments, it was fun to make this pen and it turned out real well. To those who might want some, I do not sell them right now but I will be making some for the pen turners so keep your eyes out.
I looked on ebay and they do sell the nuts on ebay and the guy is in Florida, he sells them by weight and I weighed some and for 8 oz. you will get about 44-50 nuts and it took me 8 nuts to make this pen. If any of you have any questions about this let me know. Thanks again and aloha.

Kalai

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom