Bet you thought I was resting! More segments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

I made these 3 over the last several days but turned them tonight I hope you like them.
1. Maple Burl and Purple Heart. I got the Maple Burl from Alton
2. Purple Heart with Scalloping on the cap not perfect but it was hard to get it this good.
3. My favorite Amboyna Burl from Alton and Acrylic I think I got from Exotic Blanks

I hope you like them.

1_pengroup.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Your 'cranking them out' now! Have you streamlined the process in order to get the pieces together quicker or something? Or have you been in your shop since the last time you posted without rest?!?!?!

Amazing stuff your doing!

Scott (my grass grew three inches last night) B

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The maple pen is so-so, mediocre for you actually. the design elements on the other two how ever are great and we need individual photos. I realize that on the cap segments the cumulative errors are really hard on segmenting and trying to keep things aligned. Practice may get those closer yet. Nice use of the pr blank in the segmenting. Some really good work Mike

Hendu3270

Great job Mike! You've been busy. I have one I'm working on as well and will be posting pics if I can get past all the issues that keep popping up.

My fav is the third. The red, black, white looks really good against the wood.

juteck

The amboyna with acrylic is my favorite. Love the laminations, but your choice for acrylic color puts this one in the lead!!

BSea

Ok, now you're just showing off.:wink:

But don't stop. :good:

My favorite is the 3rd. Not because of the material (but I like that too), but because the style looks perfect without being over done. In fact none of your pens look over done to me. You have a good eye as to the balance & color combinations.

Great pens!!

Waluy

WOW Love the Purple Heart with Scalloping and the Amboyna Burl / Acrylic. I have a very simple segmented walnut/ aluminum (from a monster can) blank waiting to be turned just don't want to put it on a slimline.

WOW Love the Purple Heart with Scalloping and the Amboyna Burl / Acrylic. I have a very simple segmented walnut/ aluminum (from a monster can) blank waiting to be turned just don't want to put it on a slimline.

Check out the Atrax hardware sets on Exotic Blanks. I always get them from there! They are not too expensive but you can really dress them up. I like them because they are just basic hardware and don't take away from the work that you have done with the blank plus there are so many other pens that use the exact same tubes you can really get creative. If you get that OMG blank you can put it onto a Jr. Statesman or if not so much you can put it on an Atrax or Jr. Gent 2. Very flexible.

jttheclockman

I like what you are doing Mike. They look good but I know that you know there is room for improvement. Keep them coming. Bet your going to have to order some more kits soon:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: That happens.

I like what you are doing Mike. They look good but I know that you know there is room for improvement. Keep them coming. Bet your going to have to order some more kits soon:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: That happens.

Man don't I know that there is room for improvement. The more complex things get the less you can get away with. I just got in a rather large order of kits so I am good for about 30 more pens between Atrax, Jr.Gent 2 and Jr Statesman I will get some nice ones I hope.

Janster

Very nice Mike.......

......YES, you CAN improve. I am not one to critique anybody's work but I do see minor aspects that will cause the OMG factor, even more so than they already do and cause a " I can't even imaginge how WONDERFUL those pen look!" Keep up your inspiring work and be well................Jan

Top Bottom