Best Pen E V E R !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bobleibo

bobleibo

Awhile back, there was a thread detailing the activities of the Lighthouse for the Blind pen turning group in Tampa and some things that were being done by a few of our own IAP members to contribute to their activity. I was so moved by what this group was doing that I wanted to do just a little bit to contribute, so I put together a box of pen kits, blanks and supplies and off it went.
When I got home today, waiting for me was a package with a pen that was made from one of their group. I just stood there in total amazement at this pen trying to imagine the person who did the turning and what a positive attitude they must have to not let one of life's curve balls stop them from enjoying what many of us sometimes take for granted.
This pen is now sitting in my display case right next to the first pen I ever made and will remain there to remind me what is really possible.
To Andi and the folks at Lighthouse, thank you!
Cheers
Bob

Sorry for the picture quality, just had my phone to use.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 478
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

We reap what we sow. You contributed to a wonderful cause and were blessed in return. I am astounded at how what we take for granted sometimes means so much to others. You truly were blessed for doing a good deed

bobleibo

Rest assured it was not for a pat on the back. There are many other IAP folks like Sharon Wertz who did the same thing and much more. These folks at Lighthouse just remind me what is possible when we set our minds to it.
I passed this along to my son who's been doing a little bit too much whining lately. He got pretty quiet. Maybe I should frame the pen and have him hang it up in his house for awhile.

bobleibo

Looks to me like a nice picture of that would make an EXCELLENT main page photo. It does show what this forum is all about, giving, teaching and learning.

Boy, is that the truth! I would be very happy to donate it to the IAP collection if that would be appropriate. Maybe Mark (markjames) can weigh in on that.

Top Bottom