The best looking Camo I have used and Faux Tru Stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

I just got these acrylics from Wood and Whimsies. They are fairly new to the site. The first is a color called Camo. The second is not Tru Stone, but it looks a lot like it. On a sierra. I have to say I am pleased. And at a cost of less than $3 for the blank it sure is cheaper that the real Tru Stone. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

bulletcamosm.jpg
bulletcamocapsm.jpg

sierraturquisesm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Sure is a nice looking pen for not being trustone. Love the price and I will have to check those out.

Like the cAmmo :wink: pen too!

OKLAHOMAN

Both great looking, my question is on the faux T/S, looks great but how is the feel, one of the selling points is when a customer feels it , it has a stone feeling.

hewunch

my question is on the faux T/S, looks great but how is the feel, one of the selling points is when a customer feels it , it has a stone feeling.

Well, they feel similar to me, but I have CA and callouses :rolleyes:. All my stuff has a super smooth finish (at least that is what I try for) so I don't know if I am a good judge. Unless you are talking about weight. And in that case the weight is much lighter than TS. BUT when you are talking about a pen like the sierra, there isn't going to be a big difference because there is not much material. Now in a cigar that would be another story.

hewunch

OK, on the camo, I know it looks completely solid, but there are some clear (maybe not clear but you can see light through them) spots in the batch I got. Thus I used a black tube just in case. If you paint anyway no matter what you should be ok. If you use it on a thick pen like a cigar you should be ok. But if I were using this on a Jr or something, I would use black tubes.

nava1uni

I like them, but I like the turquoise the best. I have gotten some nice things from Wood n Whimsies. They are very nice to deal with and they have great cusomter service.

RAdams

Banned
I havent seen a bullet pen that i like... till today! That camo looks better than any other acrylic, or antler, or any other material i have seen. That pen would be perfect for a guide, or any outdoorsman for that matter!!!

Top Bottom