Best curly pinky ivory you have ever seen! :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Okay, maybe not the best but a really nice one piece of wood! :biggrin:

This is not quite my palette but this one is impressive it goes from pink to yellow and the curls!!! :)

See by yourself! Comments welcomed as always!

Thanks,

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Charles the pen is beautiful, I've not seen Pink Ivory cross cut before, it must have been a bear to turn, the grain really is intriguing.

robutacion

Great piece of wood, and very well finished...!

If you haven't told the name of it I could swear that was some of my Curly Gum #8 X or one that I've cut last week from the same tree (20 cubic meters of it) that I decided to cut in Z (diagonal), as it was a nice "patch" of blues and yellows near the outer skin (bark). The curly is not as tight and thick as the X cut but, I was pleased when I turned a sample out of one of the blanks (pic attached).

There so many tree species out there that are able to produce some amazing patches of out of this world wood colourations and patterns, I'm lucky that I have a few on my side of the pond, some I have already "uncover" many other are out there, or even in my storage paddock already, that I don't know about. I will get to those one day...!!!:wink:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 100_0229.jpg
    100_0229.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 153

CharlesH

Wow! Awesome wood indeed!!! :)

Charles

Great piece of wood, and very well finished...!

If you haven't told the name of it I could swear that was some of my Curly Gum #8 X or one that I've cut last week from the same tree (20 cubic meters of it) that I decided to cut in Z (diagonal), as it was a nice "patch" of blues and yellows near the outer skin (bark). The curly is not as tight and thick as the X cut but, I was pleased when I turned a sample out of one of the blanks (pic attached).

There so many tree species out there that are able to produce some amazing patches of out of this world wood colourations and patterns, I'm lucky that I have a few on my side of the pond, some I have already "uncover" many other are out there, or even in my storage paddock already, that I don't know about. I will get to those one day...!!!:wink:

Cheers
George

Hubert H

Seeing is believing - but still, it is almost to nice to be true. Now, the question is - is it the wood or is it the one to turned it. HWH

Top Bottom