Best

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from schreiber

schreiber

...and only, so far. Doing press-fit kits for now, until I can source (and figure out which are) the proper taps & dies.

Made 8/22/12. The wife always gets the first of my various projects:
http://s17.postimage.org/3qu6rj68f/082212_3.jpg
iPhone cam notwithstanding, the cap is actually the same color as the barrel. Dyed, stabilized curly maple.

Made 8/23/12:

Acrylic "water." This material has an iridescent depth which does not show up in the photos.

Made 8/24/12:

I broke the turquoise blank learning a newbie lesson, so I went back to buy another. They were out. I bought a black blank and managed to salvage enough of the turquoise for a cap. I think the black & turquoise go well together. Next time: silver or black titanium/ black chrome furniture. maybe

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

schreiber

Thanks, y'all. :)

Yeah, I think silver would've made more traditional sense with turquoise and black, but I guess the gold worked ok too. It was what I had to work with...

Wright

Jon, I like them all but my favorite is the Turquoise and Black. I would like to see that pen in brushed chrome or silver plating. Great Job!!!

ALexG

I always underestimated the Classic Fountain pens, the only ones I did were with my own casting fusion with burls, but your three designs are beautiful, if I have to choose one, the first one purple I like it a lot, is simple, elegant and perfect fit.

LabTrnr

They all look nice but my favorite would be the turquoise and black, it looks fantastic. The colors compliment each other nicely, the pen looks very classy.
Where I will be a little more critical is in your photography, I can see that you put some thought in setting up your pictures. In my opinion the backgrounds that you chose are too busy, takes your eyes off the main subject of the picture. Also, the orientation of the pens in the pictures seem to create tension. The normal orientation of a pen is point down so when you have them in an opposite direction it looks "not right". I don't claim to be an expert, it's just what I see, keep up the good work!

schreiber

Jon, I like them all but my favorite is the Turquoise and Black. I would like to see that pen in brushed chrome or silver plating. Great Job!!!
Thanks! Yeah, I would too. How do black chrome or black titanium grab you?

I do intend to work some silver into my pens, once I gain a little more experience and confidence.

schreiber

I always underestimated the Classic Fountain pens, the only ones I did were with my own casting fusion with burls, but your three designs are beautiful, if I have to choose one, the first one purple I like it a lot, is simple, elegant and perfect fit.
My wife loves it. :) Thank you, sir.

schreiber

Thank you, Lab. I do appreciate the suggestions. I agree with you. It's true I need to pay a little more attention to my photos, and those are some great suggestions.

And thanks for the compliment! :)

Thanks, Tom; I appreciate it. I like this one; glad to know it's not just me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom