Bespoke Custom Blue Hard Rubber Bulb Filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Robert111

Robert111

I think the reservoir will hold at least 3 milliliters but won't know until my graduated cylinder comes. It seems to fill in about a dozen squeezes--less than a minute.

Length 5 3/4"
Length uncapped 4 3/4"
Length posted 6 1/2"

Cap diameter 16.5mm
Barrel diameter 15mm

Weight 25 gm

Section/barrel threads 12 x .75
Barrel/cap threads 14 x .8 triple lead

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 014 (253x640).jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 014 (253x640).jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 434
  • Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 001 (640x481).jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 001 (640x481).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 446
  • Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 005 (596x640).jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 005 (596x640).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 440
  • Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 007 (640x402).jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 007 (640x402).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 436
  • Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 010 (640x583).jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 010 (640x583).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 444
  • Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 011 (640x318).jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 011 (640x318).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 428
  • Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 012 (640x429).jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 012 (640x429).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 437
  • Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 020 (553x640).jpg
    Custom Blue Ebonite Bulb Filler 020 (553x640).jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 435
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Fantastic..love the clean lines, the rich deep color, the clip. In addition, the generous reservoir with this bulb-filler is a huge convenience. What can I say except this pen has it all! It's one of your finest!

wizard

Robert,
That is a beautiful pen in my favorite color!! The section looks great. Thanks so much for sharing! Robert, LOL...Slow down...I'm trying to keep up with you! I've never done a bulb filler before.....
Regards, Doc:)

Robert111

Wow, Robert, just wow! I don't know if it is the lines of the pen, the color and texture, or both, but something about this pen just draws me in.

Fantastic..love the clean lines, the rich deep color, the clip. In addition, the generous reservoir with this bulb-filler is a huge convenience. What can I say except this pen has it all! It's one of your finest!

Absolutely stunning!

Fantastic pen. Great job.

Beautiful

Lovely work Robert. What feed did you use?

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the positive feedback. This material isn't the easiest to turn and (especially) polish. I think it's softer than other hard rubber blanks I've tried. But the color is nice!

drgoretex

Wow! Now normally, I'm not a huge fan of bulb fillers, but again, WOW - this pen is utterly gorgeous! That is one I would love to have! Also, can sure appreciate all the extra skill (and patience) that go into making a bulb filler.

Ken

Robert111

Robert,
That is a beautiful pen in my favorite color!! The section looks great. Thanks so much for sharing! Robert, LOL...Slow down...I'm trying to keep up with you! I've never done a bulb filler before.....
Regards, Doc:)

LOL, indeed! The Wizard has over 1,000 masterpieces in the Member Photo Albums, so he's trying to catch up with ANYONE else????:eek::eek: :biggrin:

Okay, Doc, now we have to see a BF from you! :wink:

Robert111

Wow! Now normally, I'm not a huge fan of bulb fillers, but again, WOW - this pen is utterly gorgeous! That is one I would love to have! Also, can sure appreciate all the extra skill (and patience) that go into making a bulb filler.

Ken

Ken, thank you. Yes, I found bulb fillers to be extremely frustrating for a while--patience definitely needed, along with Dennis Cabell's tutorial.

D.Oliver

Is it just me or did anyone else feel the need to touch this pen as you looked at the pictures? Great pen and great pictures.

PenPal

Robert,

Although not a detailed maker of fountains your comprehensive picture essay allowed me to wander through the many processes involved in this most detailed magnificent pen, just
one example 15 odd threads to hold the nib section, the other threads also neat, clean and efficient.

One defect always in kit pens for me is the clumsy way they shape open to the nib, you on this pen carefully considered this and designed difficult curves and shapes that all come together masterfully completing the whole but separately delicate indeed fashionable.

The substantial clip and nib features, bold and necessary to complete the balance of tip and cap. Bespoke indeed.

With all this attention to detail I know why your dog is smiling and I am sure he sees well but try as I may his eyes are behind his or her hair. Cant tell from here dog or bitch has no clothes on. As a cat and dog family it pleases me to judge a man by the company he keeps and now at 78 fully appreciate the uncompromised love that has been my privilige all my life with animals. Yesterday at the gunsmiths nearly lost a hand with my usual trust they have two almost identical hairy large dogs one jumps up to the counter and waits for pats the other was with Grandma and was prepared to take me out, this was the one I saw first
close encounter.

I know your pen set a high standard and I salute your manufacture and detail.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom