Bent Lamination Atlas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Boyd

This is my best attempt to date following the methods discussed in previous threads. I need to get a better selection of colored woods[:p] On previous attempts many scroll saw blades died. This blank only took one blade so I'm getting better.
LaminatedAtlasSmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is my best attempt to date following the methods discussed in previous threads. I need to get a better selection of colored woods On previous attempts many scroll saw blades died. This blank only took one blade so I'm getting better."

Jim,

Very nice work. Thank you for showing it. I also appreciate that you presented it as a compilation of information and techniques, rather than comparing it to previous pens. Such comparisons are without merit and would detract from the presentation of a delicate and beautiful piece of work.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Jim Boyd
<br />This is my best attempt to date following the methods discussed in previous threads. I need to get a better selection of colored woods[:p] On previous attempts many scroll saw blades died. This blank only took one blade so I'm getting better.

Jim,

I've been on this site for quite awhile, and have been called everything from a peacemaker to a son of a ------. You have come onto this site and showed us the way that we should learn from each other. After looking at this pen, I went back and reviewed piles and piles of postings on the subjects of laminations, collaborations, and tutorials. Two snippets jumped out at me. They will not be quoted exactly, and the posters will not be given credit. 1. Sometimes the best way is not the easy way, it is just the best way. 2. A Teacher is not always a Teller. Some have taken lack of specifics as an insult. You took it as a challenge to learn and better yourself as a turner. Your comment on the number of scroll saw blades you went through is priceless. You did not look for a Gerber spoonfed lecture, you went out, reduced perfectly good wood to sawdust until you achieved your goal, that of LEARNING how to do something. You are to be commended for this. While I thought on this, I went out and disassembled my cartridge pen that I was so proud of because I had taken the easy way rather than the best way.

Jim, you are now on the short list of my favorite turners because you have opened my eyes and stimulated my mind. I do not know if you intend to sell this Atlas pen, but if you do, I would like to have the honor of buying it. It would not be used, rather it would have a place of distinction on my desk, serving as a reminder of "What the mind can conceive and the heart can believe, the body can achieve"

Thank you Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom