Bengal Tiger Submarine and a gift going to Japan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

Regarding the bottom pen: No, it's not a sub, nor can you call it a slimline, figuratively, but technically it is. I'm used to my own tools and this wood was pretty hard. I also didn't want to blow out another cross-cut blank, so I quit before I did blow it out. It's made from some gorgeous black striped padauk that I picked up. I've got some striped padauk, that is cream and orange/red, but this is deep orange/red and black. I can't say that I like the shape much though.

The middle pen was my 33rd one. It was made for our Japanese student, who's leaving for home next weekend. Her two favorite woods are tulipwood and bias-cut zebrawood, so I used them both in a pen. I am not overly excited about the color combos, as I would have prefered to use bloodwood, or manzanita for a CB, but she loves it.

The top pen is made by my friend Joe (Clewless). He made it for me, because he knew that I'm allergic to cocobolo. This was the best coco I've ever had, though the pic doesn't do it justice. What a good friend. He also helped me cut dozens (about 12 dozen, to be more precise) of blanks one day last week.
Thanks for looking,
Rob

Two views:
200691022029_DSCN2840.jpg

055_33%20tulip%2034%20black%20striped%20padauk%20X.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

Bummer on the coco allergy. So far it doesn't bother me and I LOVE the spicy smell of it.

Anyhow, I'm definitely partial to the center pen. The design and shape are lovely. I agree with you on the color choices but then again, your friend loves it and that's really all that matters. Good job!

That last pen reminds me of a big ol Italian sausage.

mmmmmmmm sausage
homer-drool.gif

BigRob777

Alan,
Thank you. If you saw Joe's pen, you'd be impressed. It doesn't show up with my flash well, but it is gorgeous. He does a great job with his finishes.

Thanks Joe, though of course, I'm going to tell customers that I turned it. LOL I'm looking for more of that coco crotch tonight. I wish I had cleaned out my supplier.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom