To the Benefit of Others

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KiltedGunn

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
My department is holding a benefit this Sunday http://www.helpingaherobenefit.org/ the majority of which will go to assist a young officer and his wife with their 2mths premmie baby Cayden who, while vastly improved from his New year's Eve birth, still has numerous medical issues http://www.nateandtami.com/ . :frown:

So anyway...I've made a few pens for the silent auction, which I understand from here don't work too well, but we'll see what happens!

Besides the two TX Flag (gold ti sierra & and silver/chrome ultra cigar) and two Cross sierra pens from Lyle's kits (not to mention the TX Flag Jr Statesman he so graciously donated! Thanks again Lyle! :biggrin:), I thought I'd put in some pens I had to work a bit harder on to boot, you know, actually turn?!?! :eek:

There's Landfill's denim blank on a ti neopean from Aaron (really like this kit!); some of Curtis' cast agarita root on a pocket pen also from Aaron (cute kit) and one of Eugene's stained glass bloodwood cross blanks on Aaron's stretch pen.

Thanks for the great blanks and kits, guys! I wish I could have done them more justice!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Gold TI Sierra TX Flag.jpg
    Gold TI Sierra TX Flag.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Sil TI Eagle Cross BOW.jpg
    Sil TI Eagle Cross BOW.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Sil TI Orthodox Cross BOW.jpg
    Sil TI Orthodox Cross BOW.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 174
  • TX Flag Jr Gent vII.jpg
    TX Flag Jr Gent vII.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 192
  • Blue Acrylic Agarita Root Pocket Pen.jpg
    Blue Acrylic Agarita Root Pocket Pen.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 206
  • TI Neopean in Denim.jpg
    TI Neopean in Denim.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Stained Glass Bloodwood Stretch 2.jpg
    Stained Glass Bloodwood Stretch 2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 186
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Mystery Woods

I also thought I should put some real wood pens into the mix...a couple months back I bought some kits from SteveRoberts, slims and cigars, which were pre-cut/drilled/tubed. Quick and easy when time is short...but I have no clue what types of wood they are! :confused:

Since I'm pretty sure someone Sunday will put me to the question, if you have any idea what these might be, please let me know. The wood on the cigar has some very nice grain and I really like it and would like to find some more...I can tell you the blank didn't look like it was all that! :rolleyes:

Oh well, off to the shop as there is still time to turn out a few more. Every little bit helps!

Thanks for any ID help, as well as the usual comments and constructive critiques! Thx, Lee

http://www.nateandtami.com/

Attachments

• Mystery Wood 1 Gold Cigar.jpg
    Mystery Wood 1 Gold Cigar.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Mystery Wood 2 Slimline.jpg
    Mystery Wood 2 Slimline.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Mystery Wood 3 Slimline.jpg
    Mystery Wood 3 Slimline.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 135

Munsterlander

The first cigar loooks like Bocote, and that is definitely a nice looking piece of wood and pen! My guess on the 2nd pen is tulipwood. Just not sure on the third, could be a number of things. Nice work on all the pens, hope they get something close to what they're worth to help in what obviously is a very worthy cause.

lwalden

Nice work Lee, and quite a contribution you're making there in time, materials, and money. Hope there's a handsome return on your donations, and that baby Cayden continues to improve. Really like the grain on that bocote cigar- sharp looking pen! Good luck with the auction!

Top Bottom