A beginner's pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MillerTurnings

Thanks to this group for showing us newbies how to do pens. Here are a couple of Princess pens. I usually do segmented vessels, but wanted to try pens for a diversion. Comments and critiques are welcome.

Attachments

• MT1303.17 Cinderella Resized.jpg
    MT1303.17 Cinderella Resized.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 227
  • MT1303.18 Cotton Candy Pink resized.jpg
    MT1303.18 Cotton Candy Pink resized.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Nice pens, Jeff. I'm sure the ladies will like them. What is the acrylic on the left? Is that something you cast yourself or was it purchased?

plantman

I believe that blank is a Aphrodite Plastic pen blank from PSI. Called Pink and Green Pastel Crush # WXLL06. $3.95 Page 133 in catalog # 132B. Jim S

Last edited:

Bobostro61

Looks better than my first pens. You use acrylic blanks too. I started out with wood. Then again, that's how I learned how to use my lathe.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. The pastel blank is from WoodNWhimsies- Cinderella Acrylic- TIM14. The one on the right is from Woodturningz- Cotton Candy Pink-PBIA15. The Cotton Candy was inlace- quite a different animal to turn. I thought my skew was sharp but was tough to turn evenly. I need to work on my technique.

BSea

Very nice pens. And excellent for your 1st ones. I'd have never guessed you were new at this. The fit looks perfect on those two.

Top Bottom