DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Modified Russ-line in Bees Wing Narra from Blankity-blanks.com

20051322325_scan.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

Nice Pen Lou. I turned a Tiny Bee's Wing Narra blank today and will finish it tomorrow. I hope it looks as good as yours.

timdaleiden

Hi Lou,

I like your pen. I wonder if you could take a second picture of it without the Center Band, and post it here. I am just curious how it would look that way.

BTW, I am glad you got some shop time. With all of your work here, it is good to know that it isn't taking up all of your time.

Thanks for all of the time that you have given to us all.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Did you ever hear of regular amboyna? No? That's because the straight grain variety is called Narra. The "bees wing" refers to the figure of the grain, kind of like fiddleback in maple. Thanks for the positive feedback. I was glad to see that I hadn't forgotten how to turn...at least I haven't forgotten it all.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
<br />
Originally posted by timdaleiden
<br />Hi Lou,

I like your pen. I wonder if you could take a second picture of it without the Center Band, and post it here. I am just curious how it would look that way.
Gladly, Tim. The upper and lower barrels are intentionally different diameters. I make quite a few ???-Lines without center bands. And yes, I still find time for the shop. Not as much as I'd like, but this gig is VERY rewarding!

20051352843_scan0001.jpg

vick

Just curious is it called bees wing due to the sqiggly appearance of the wood poors, or because of some thing else. Just curious I have some Walnut that is similiar looking and have been curious how to describe it. I will try to post a picture tonight when I get home for reference, but my camera is crap and does not show the figure well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom