Been a while :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gawdelpus

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Some time since I posted here ,I mainly do run of the mill Market pens ,so nothing to get too excited about ,
Finished this one today ,I had no more market stocks of this style and was asked for one always the way . Have to chop up some more of this and get them cast ready for the next run hehe , Cheers ~ John
for those who like details "Punga " is the common name for NZ Fern palms , the palms are about 6" dia but hollow after the Pith is removed ,only the outer section is usable ,it is very porous so needs to be either stabilised or cast under pressure , the black sections are as hard as ebony, and the lighter colors are very soft, all in all a bit of a challenge ,but worth the effort I hope you will agree :)

Attachments

• Punga cigar 1.jpg
    Punga cigar 1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Punga Cigar.jpg
    Punga Cigar.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Nice looking pen. What is a "run of the mill Market pen?"

SMJ ~ let me explain, I have been making pens almost exclusively for some years to sell at local craft markets, having made some thousands the process becomes almost repetitious over time ,there are only so many different kits so it seems that to me I am just "churning them out " unless a pen takes special attention ,like the new cast stone chips blanks then they take on a sameness,no matter how I dress them up :) But high end kits made to order and specials I make like cricket bats tennis rackets etc or any special orders are not "run of the mill" ,although I do good quality pens and finishes they have to really jump at me to be seperate from the bunch , like this one I have posted here :)
Cheers ~ John

alankulwicki7

Nice to see you back. I did a swap with you a few years ago when I was just getting started with pens and you send me a beautiful copper braided pen. I love that pen and still use it often!

Top Bottom