Been a while.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from McBryde

McBryde

...since I turned a pen, and my wife volunteered me to turn some styluses as Christmas gifts, soooooooo, I turned 5 today. I had a deer antler pen that I have been needing to turn for someone as well, so I just added it to the pile. I also turned a black and yellow pour of alumilite that was my wife's first pour back in the summer, but it was some bad alumilite that didn't bind well. Got about 4 blanks out of 2 whole 16 oz bottles! Anyway, here are the pics. C's & C's welcome!

102_8447.jpg

The top is a black/white/orange blank that I got from BSea on a Jr. Gent I.

The second is a deer antler that my wife's uncle found while out scouting that he wanted made into a pen. It is on a black TI Sedona.

The third is a pink pearl blank that is on a slimline kit that will be a stylus when my shipment finally arives from PSI.

4th is an orange/black blank from BSea on a slimline that will be a stylus that is to match a Harley pen that was done previously for my father in law.

And last but not least is a yellow/black alumilite blank that is probably one of the most expensive blanks that I own, LOL. It is a product of a bad batch of alumilite that was bought and got 4 usable blanks out of 2 16 oz. bottles.

Here are some more pics of them a little closer:

102_8450.jpg

102_8448.jpg

102_8452.jpg

Enjoy!

Emerson

p.s.- Thanks for the blanks Bob!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I like the 3 color orange black & white. I just wish I had more orange left when I poured that. But I think my favorite is the yellow & black.

McBryde

That black and yellow blank had lots of bubbles in it Bob. that alumilite had to be bad, the 2 parts just wouldn't bind together. It was making layers that would just flake apart. Like I said, those 4 blanks are the most expensive blanks I own, LOL.

E

SDB777

Glad to see you remember where the power switch is on that lathe....been too long. That antler is really cool!

Scott (keep them coming now) B

McBryde

Yeah, no kidding Scott!

I was able to leave some external look of the antler on the back side of it. That is why the top barrell is so fat.

I did start wet sanding on these with the 6 pads setup, and I will tell you that I won't be going back to dry sanding!

E

Top Bottom