Been awhile

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

since I've posted in SOYP. Here's 12 Sierras for an order placed by my Doctor. He wanted 10, an assortment, this way he can choose two he doesn't like if he is so inclined.

200710233538_12Sierras.jpg

From Left to Right:
Homebrew PR (x5), Purple Heart, Cocobolo, Walnut, Dyed Stabilized unknown wood, Ambrosia Maple, Ribbon Sapele, Cocobolo

I drop them off at the end of the month, hope he likes them! He'll be giving them out as Christmas gifts to his coworkers. All comments, pro or con, welcome. All of the wood is finished in Enduro. Not sure what I did to make the PH purple, it was brown when I put the finish on. It changed colors while sitting in the basement shop.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

good looking bunch james. welcome back...

chris, SOYP stands for (show off your pens) [:)]

oh yeah, what pigment do you use for your black homebrew?

Draken

Thanks all. The black, if I recall correctly, is Carbon Black powdered pigment from artstuf.com. It has red fire jewels in it to give it some sparkle, which didn't show up in the photo. They are like glitter, but designed so they won't sink or melt in the PR, which glitter from the craft stores usually does.

The unknown wood could be box elder or maple, not really sure. The pink color comes from it being dyed and stabilized. I like how the dye didn't color it all so there are large sections of natural color still there. I'm sure it will make a nurse or doctor quite happy this holiday season. [:)]

Ligget

Doctors are fantastic customers over here too! Gave mine a freebie got an order for twelve more later.[^]
Great work on the pens James![:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom