This became that???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's a new color trial at what I'm calling my Vintage series of blanks. It's hard for people to visualize what a finish pen can look like after seeing the raw blank. So here it is as a solid blank and the finished product. I reverse painted the blank with a golden yellow to try and match the actual blank color. I am happy with my results, but I think I want to try a much different color approach with the next one, maybe reverse paint Red :confused: The finish is MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. Thanks for looking and for any comments made!

Here's the raw blank:

100_2180800x277.jpg

And the finished product:

100_2370579x700.jpg
100_2380650x700.jpg
100_2390613x700.jpg

Can't forget a nice closeup:

100_2375700x583.jpg

oops99

Normally I would not even thinking of me liking an orange pen, but that is Breathtaking.
Smokin' Gorgeous!!!!!

Tom/oops99

mrburls

Man Jonathon you are GOOD AT THIS CASTING THING Hope I get the chance to buy some of these from exoticblanks once you start shipping them and they put them up for sale. Got a feeling there may be a waiting list :frown:

Keith "mrburls"

fiferb

Beautiful Jonathon. Looks like it lost a lot of the red. If you I see why you may reverse paint in red next time in order to keep a bit of it in the final outcome.

wizard

Now that's what a wizard refers to as MAGIC!! Jonathon, Outstanding casting and pen ! Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc
P.S. I always look forward to your next one!

omb76

That looks great Jonathon! That blank looks a lot like the one I got from you where I reverse painted it and you needed sunglasses to look at it... Just sold that one the other day btw, lady fell in love with the bright colors!

Dan_F

That looks good enough to eat - like butterscotch candy. I think I will end up preferring this to the red painted one, but we shall see.

Dan

thewishman

Thanks a whole stinking lot, Jonathon!:mad: Now I've gotta go get some Creamsicles! :eat: You set off a craving that cannot be denied!:devil:

After I get the Creamsicles, I'll look at your pen again. (Razm frazm.)

You have done yourself proud Jonathan. I'm coming to Atlanta just to meet you face to face and learn from one of the Master's. See you there.

Richard

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Good news!!! We have received the first "batch" of Jonathon's blanks!!!

Will be going up on the site this weekend---look for ad, here on IAP, when Dawn gets them ready to be posted.

Thank you Jonathon (and Shea)!!!
Keep pouring!!

jasontg99

Good news!!! We have received the first "batch" of Jonathon's blanks!!!

Will be going up on the site this weekend---look for ad, here on IAP, when Dawn gets them ready to be posted.

Thank you Jonathon (and Shea)!!!
Keep pouring!!

Ed, how many are we talking about? I may just take them all!

Jason

mrrichieboy

Stunning blank Joe...one thing to cast a nice blank, another thing to finish it and put it on the proper kit. You've done it all here! I like it!!---Rich

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Please DON'T Jason!!!!

We hope to have a continuing supply from Jonathon--just trying to establish some reasonable expectations now.

This shipment is not large, so if you would all just take a few (how about 8---2 of each color--for a temporary allocation???)

I don't think Jonathon fully believes me yet. When he starts seeing the blanks disappear, I think he will develop more confidence that you all REALLY LIKE him!!!!

I'm looking at his blanks (and I have seen a tens of thousands of resin blanks in the last decade)---THESE ARE special!!! But, like Cheetos, he will make more!!!
(Probably not quite as FAST as Frito-Lay, but give him time@!!):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jasontg99

Please DON'T Jason!!!!

We hope to have a continuing supply from Jonathon--just trying to establish some reasonable expectations now.

This shipment is not large, so if you would all just take a few (how about 8---2 of each color--for a temporary allocation???)

I don't think Jonathon fully believes me yet. When he starts seeing the blanks disappear, I think he will develop more confidence that you all REALLY LIKE him!!!!

I'm looking at his blanks (and I have seen a tens of thousands of resin blanks in the last decade)---THESE ARE special!!! But, like Cheetos, he will make more!!!
(Probably not quite as FAST as Frito-Lay, but give him time@!!):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Done! I am sure you have my email address to send the bill to. :tongue:

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Jonathon,
Looks great. I turned the first "Tennessee" blank you poured for me. The longer I turned it the prettier it got! The customer is overjoyed! I will try to get a photo up when I get a chance. Love your swirls!:biggrin:

cnirenberg

Awesome looking pen. I wouldn't have guessed it came from that blank. That would be a good contest-matching up raw material with the final product.

workinforwood

I hate to disagree with your expert opinion on colors, but I think the yellow was the perfect choice for this blank. It does absolutely remind me of vintage bakelite and is about the most stunning looking Jr Statesman ever!

Top Bottom