"Beautiful Rose" Wall Street II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

Again, another big fat thank you to Kruzzer who was kind enough to give me this beautiful blank of Bois De Rose. I had never heard of it before let alone turned it. I love the deep Plum color. Of course, I put some Aluminum in there as well. Had it drilled just a hair straighter it would have been that much better. Can't have everything now can we. The kit is a Black Ti and Platinum Wall Street II. CA finish.

Thanks for checkin' her out. All comments welcome.

Attachments

• Beautiful Rose.jpg
    Beautiful Rose.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 338
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

This is an exceptional well balanced segmented pen. The use of aluminum contrasting with the wood puts this pen into outstanding. But what else is new with Steve's pens!

Skye

Stop it man, just stop it! You're making me feel like a slack a**!

Are you using a chop saw for these or a bandsaw? I'd like to see a pic of the dots!

akbar24601

Stop it man, just stop it! You're making me feel like a slack a**!

Are you using a chop saw for these or a bandsaw? I'd like to see a pic of the dots!
I do everything on the bandsaw, it's all i've got. Here's a pic of the dots. Yes, I know the bottom one is off center. Not sure what happened there, except for the obvious, I drilled it off center DUH!!! I hate when I do stuff like that. They are 1/8" aluminum rod. I didn't have any, so instead of being patient like a normal person and buying some the next day, I turned my own. That was the biggest challenge of the project.

1_Rose_Dots.jpg

TribalRR

Very nice! I have a lot of the Bois de Rose blanks but they're so beautiful that I'm not sure I want to cut them up.

I can not believe your making the H bones with only a band saw... I'm impressed.

akbar24601

Very nice! I have a lot of the Bois de Rose blanks but they're so beautiful that I'm not sure I want to cut them up.

I can not believe your making the H bones with only a band saw... I'm impressed.
I understand what you mean about them being so beautiful. Regardless, if you don't want to cut them up send 'em to me, I don't have a problem with it. ROFLOL!!!

akbar24601

To second that, if you do happen to cut one up, I thought that it would couple beautifully with the Masur Birch. If I ever get some more of both they're going on a date.:biggrin:

VisExp

Very nice looking pen Steve. The segmenting work is even more impressive given that you are doing it with a bandsaw! I'd love to see what you come up with when you get a table saw.

hstudio

Steve....Being in Cape Coral and all that good stuff...I'd beat a path to Dennis Elliot's door if I were you....Dennis does some "big time stuff". If you don't know who he is, look him up....You WILL be impressed!

Top Bottom