Beautiful Cocobolo in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

I just love Cocobolo, you never know what you are going to have when it is finished. This piece just had some hidden treasure inside it. This one is mated up with a Desire component set from Lazerlinez can't go wrong with this hardware it looks great with any wood you care to pair it to.

il_570xN.576521630_f1pw.jpg

C&C always welcomed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DKF

Very nice pen....love the wood but it makes me sneeze and itch.....now as far as smell goes, you can't beat Bethlehem Olive Wood.....once again, beautiful pen....I have a few of those kits coming from Lazerlinez

SDB777

This piece just had some hidden treasure inside it.

I'm looking all over....is it the double black line?
What kind of finish did you use on this Coco?(I have had 'issues' with CA on them....)

Scott (nice hardware) B

Actually the hidden treasure is on the other side where there is some beautiful grain that shows up. This image is taken with the nib up for my etsy site I also use the same image and crop out about 1/3 of the pen to give a nice closeup of the nib..

The finish on all of my pen is always Doctors... I like a CA finish but I am really allergic to those fumes. I have worked very hard to get the Doctors finish to look nice and shinny. I have a few tricks that I use for this purpose. I have not been able to make it look like glass like CA though :frown:

Mike

This piece just had some hidden treasure inside it.

I'm looking all over....is it the double black line?
What kind of finish did you use on this Coco?(I have had 'issues' with CA on them....)

Scott (nice hardware) B

I have a large supply of cocobolo in many sizes I am looking to trade some for some antler pieces large enough to male pen blanks 3/4 -7/8 square by 3 1/2 in long if you are interested pm me as far as the aroma I dont think you can beat lignum vita that wood smells great and for ca on cocobolo I wash my sanded blanks with acetone until the oil stops leaching out then finish them with no problem you will find that the very dark cocobolo will lighten and show more figure I have turned and collected it for more than 20 years and just love the wood

Sorry I don't have any antler at all but maybe others will jump in here and hook up with you. Please feel free to do this in this thread..

I have a large supply of cocobolo in many sizes I am looking to trade some for some antler pieces large enough to male pen blanks 3/4 -7/8 square by 3 1/2 in long if you are interested pm me as far as the aroma I dont think you can beat lignum vita that wood smells great and for ca on cocobolo I wash my sanded blanks with acetone until the oil stops leaching out then finish them with no problem you will find that the very dark cocobolo will lighten and show more figure I have turned and collected it for more than 20 years and just love the wood

Top Bottom