Beaded Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

These two are made from my favorite color celluloid blanks, from Craft Supplies.
Acrylic43a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Very sharp Ed, got a question, do you think the thin acrlyic bead may be prone to chipping or cracking in daily use? Since it is sticking out.

YoYoSpin

Anthony,

It’s certainly possible. I've made about 80 screw-top rollerball and fountain pens with small beads on the ends like these two...all out of hard materials like Berea acrylic, CS celluloid, EPR and a couple hardwoods (Yellowheart and Tulipwood)...some have been in use for up to 4 months, and no problems reported so far. I wouldn’t try it on soft or crosscut wood.

erinkg

What kind of tools do you use for those beads? I tried doing some basic coves today with normal sized tools and had a heck of a time getting the precision I was looking for. Maybe it just requires practice?

alamocdc

Originally posted by erinkg
<br />What kind of tools do you use for those beads? I tried doing some basic coves today with normal sized tools and had a heck of a time getting the precision I was looking for. Maybe it just requires practice?
I'm not Ed, but he recently posted a tutorial on this under another forum here. http://tinyurl.com/9khhe

JHFerrell

Ed...your work is as usual beyond compare but in my humble opinion (for what little its actually worth[B)]) the emperor looks better in something more subdued. I think the fancy acrylics kind of detract from the innate beauty of the pen itself. But that's just me. The quality of your work is something most of us can only hope to achieve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom