At the bead store

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Paul in OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul in OKC

Found these at a beadery store one day. They had a hole in them big enough for a 7mm

200549151222_bead_pen.jpg

tube. Made it for my daughter.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Wow--think of all the ice cream cone pens you could make with those! (And before anyone asks, yes, I've been working with CA again! [:D])

Daniel

I've seen something along the line of using beads on pens before. someone was finding metal ones that could be drilled out and used as center bands. never seen a whole pen from Beads though. did they jsut happen to come out the right length or did you have to cut the sides down a bit?
Ice Cream Cone? Hmmmm if a corn cob could be turned to a taper and still keep the figure. that might make a realistic looking cone. Hmmm maybe I'm setting to close to an open bottle of CA myself. Oh yea I'm on medication I'm exempt from anything I say.

Ligget

Excellent idea for showing prospective customers color samples. You know how the applied stain can look different from the bottle colour etc.....

WoodChucker

Paul, your using your head and came up with a idea that I think would be a hit with young girls. Its not a pen I'd carry but I still like it. Thanks for sharing your idea and don't be surprised if one us runs with it. [;)]

Fred in NC

Very different and NICE !!! Great job Paul !!!

I have done some pens with oversize top barrel. To make the clip a bit better balanced, before assembly I put the clip in a bench vise (or Panavise, if you have one) holding it by the ring by the side of the jaws. The bent part of the clip stays outside, and will stick out about 1/16". This allows me to slip the shank of a drill bit of the appropriate size between the clip and the vise, all the way up to the ring. For this I have to pull the clip outwards a bit. Then I push the clip back to bend it at the top. Now the clip sticks out from the top of the pen a little more and is more parallel to the pen. Looks better and works better in a shirt.

If I get a chance I will take a pic and post it. If anybody tries it and can take a pic, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom