beach pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from moyehow

moyehow

This is a pen I made for my receptionists. It is made from pictures taken on their family beach vacation. Now she has something to remember her 2008 family beach vacation.
DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I really like the photo pens. Can you give me an idea how you did that? I'd like to do one for my son and his new bride from their wedding photos.

Jim Smith

moyehow

Turn blank down to a little smaller than bushings. Glue pictures on with thick CA glue. Use wax paper to keep the pictures from sticking to fingers while holding them to the wood. After all the pictures are glued apply a coat of thin CA glue. Then add a layer of thick glue followed by thin. Spray with accelorator and wipe dry. Repeat this up to ten times. After glue is dry us a skew or scraper to get blank smooth. Sand and polish using sanding pads and plastic polish.
Pictures I use came from a picture index that came with a CD made at walmart.
Good luck and I hope it turns out well.
Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm here to learn and share.

mickr

you have brought something new to the forum..thanks..great "gift" idea..special to the receipient...

RAdams

Banned
man that is cool. I am glad my wife is still in bed. If she saw this pen, i would not be allowed out of the shop until she had one! Maybe for Christmas!

Top Bottom