Battle of Britain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

I wanted to try out the PSI Rollester pen,and had these neat stamps that have planes that flew in the Battle of Britain,and this is how it turned out.

I like how compact this pen kit is,for a rollerball.I had problems with getting the white plastic piece to stay seated inside the cap.The end part where it goes into the cap is too large.I had to sand it down some,then lucked out and it snapped in and stayed.

The other one I tried I could never get it to stay.I tried glueing it in,I'll have to see if that works.

Sure wish it would come with the plastic piece already installed......that does look like the only downside to it,I feel. The price sure is good.

Anybody else had issues with the cap insert?

Thanks for lookin'!

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_7412.JPG
    IMG_7412.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_7413.JPG
    IMG_7413.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7415.JPG
    IMG_7415.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_7416.JPG
    IMG_7416.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_7418.JPG
    IMG_7418.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_7431.JPG
    IMG_7431.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Battle of Britain Pen....That's sounds like a Brad G vs. Skiprat no holds barred everything goes winner take all pen build off to me! Great job on your pen. Those old planes look awesome on that pen.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have no experience with the kit... But your blanks look awesome! I love the stamps - and the kit (in spite of the issues) is a good match.

Rangertrek

Don't buy it!

I bought a few of the Rollester kits because I wanted a slim style rollerball. The cap is installed with a plastic retainer. On two that I have tied, the retainer does not fit without trying to force it into place. I damaged both trying to install. Both now worthless! One cap cracked, the other deformed. May try to sand these down and use some glue to get them to fit.

Attachments

• Rcap1.jpg
    Rcap1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Rcap2.jpg
    Rcap2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 123

Marko50

You nailed it Steve! This has given me an inspiration to something I've been mulling around in my head for a while now. Thank you for sharing

gbpens

The old snap cap rollerball kits used to come with a similar plastic cup which"screwed" into a stud in the cap. A small tap created threads that matched allowing for the cup to be screwed in and adjusdted for a tight snap.

ossaguy

Now I see PSI has a "supplemental instruction sheet" that DID NOT :eek: come my my kits. Get this sheet if you have these kits.

Thanks for the tip!

If I never had asked here,I would never have found that supplement.I read it on-line,and will try that on my other two_On the other one I tried repairing,the glue held,but it doesnt look like I had gotten it all the way seated in on the end.So it's not fully clicked together when it clicks.Darn...I'll have to call PSI & ask if they can get me another cap & insert.

So the hole in the deepest end of the cap must be undersized by just a bit.

I'm afraid that if I follow the supplement instructions,that when it hear the loud click it said to listen for when pressing it in with the tool.....it's going to be the sound of cracking plastic!

I hope that solves it,because I really like the kit,and how inexpensive it is.

Thanks guys,for the nice comments.

Steve

OZturner

Great Pens Steve,
Love the Blanks, look's like I will have to Steer clear of the Rollester pen.
Obviously PSI just retail their pens and don't QA them, that is a shame.
As usual great Fit and Finish.
Brian.

cal91666

Very nice pen. I liked the component set so much I went to PSI to check them out. All are SOLD OUT except chrome with black cap. Waiting list.

Rangertrek

I had two more of these kits in stock and decided to just go ahead and install the sleeve in the cap. I used a punch & pen press and followed the 'supplemental instructions" from PSI. Had no problems with them. I like the size of this RB, so now I will continue to use it. Just wish I had to update info in the beginning.

Top Bottom