Basketweave on Platinum Navigator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Started last night and finished this A.M. It's a Basketweave pattern on a Platinum Navigator Rollerball. Had fun making it. I couldn't get the flashback out of the third picture:rolleyes:. Comments appreciated but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Basketweave Platinum Navigator_3.jpg
    Basketweave Platinum Navigator_3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 302
  • Basketweave Platinum Navigator.jpg
    Basketweave Platinum Navigator.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 244
  • Basketweave Platinum Navigator_1.jpg
    Basketweave Platinum Navigator_1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice bit of segmenting there Doc!:biggrin:

Takes a bit to cut everything and do the glue up but the results are worth it!

I usually find using smaller segments turns out a bit better. More fiddly to do but the final result is great!

Looking forward to your next creation!

Andrew

jttheclockman

This one turned out real well. It is amazing what design is produces when something is turned round when doing segmenting. In this pen you have 2 different looks from the same segmentation. Nice work as usual. Thanks for showing.

ctubbs

Thanks, Doc, for showing the back side of that marvelous pen. I was stammering and stuttering trying to just figure out what I was looking at until the third photo, then I think I saw how you did it. That is one very beautiful segmentation and the fit and finish is up to your standards. Awesome.
Charles

wizard

Jeff, I just got back to check this thread and realized several posts were from people who thought I segmented the pen. LOL !! I appreciate their confidence in my skills but this blank was made at Woodcraft. I have just started learning how to segment. I got some some segmented blanks and went through different posts and tutorials to learn some techniques. I'm just trying simple things right now.
Regards, Doc

wizard

Beautiful segmenting work!

Randall, Thank you for the vote of confidence in my abilities but this blank is from Woodcraft. LOL! I'm still learning simple segmenting. I love your amboyna/malachite segmented pen. It is awesome! Regards, Doc

Top Bottom