Basketweave Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kennosborne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kennosborne

Basically all I did was sketch it on the turned wood, burned it, then finished.

It was a fun little project. I just wish the lines were tighter. Guess I'll have to buy and expensive woodburner instead of my little $10 one [:D]

Randy_

I took a look at the Internet and apparently there are a bunch of patterns that all qualify as "BASKETWEAVE." I saw belts, socks, cross-stitch, concrete pavers, bakery cakes, glass bowls and who knows what else in "BASKETWEAVE" patterns and none of them looked very similar so I guess this pen can be called a "basketweave" pen.

Here is another "basketweave" pen.

200752042624_basketweave.jpg
<br />

cozee

To be honest, I like the looks of yours more than the one of your inspiration, not that it isn't equally impressive. I like the realism yours has. It looks like an actual section of a basket. Great job. And as for tigher lines, just remember that not every basket contains reeds with straight, tight edges.

Randy_

Originally posted by kennosborne
<br />.....Here is the original one Ken made and that inspired me to try it. Very cool "basketweave"

I can definitely see the weave pattern in the lasered original. Maybe your picture isn't displaying well on my computer? Even knowing what it is supposed to look like, after a second look, I still don't see it???

rtgleck

Hey... That looks great, especially knowing it was hand burned. Very nice job on it. (there now you have one Randy that see's it) - Just kidding with you Randy_

Randy_

Originally posted by rtgleck
<br />.....there now you have one Randy that see's it) - Just kidding with you Randy.....

Have to admit that I am really puzzled?? Maybe it is some optical effect that is just not registering with me?? You know those 3D pictures they sometimes have in the comic section of the paper.....I have never been able to view one of those either?? Funny though since I took a geology class in college and never had a problem seeing 3D with the stereo pictures requires for our lab work??

Bumfuzzled!!

GaryMGg

Randy,
I had to look three times and didn't see anything until I saw the inspiration pen.
If you mentally remove the clip, you'll see the over-under wherein the burn lines flare and narrow on alternating bands.
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom