Basketball court pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

These three pens were made from hard maple flooring from a local high school gym floor that was taken up and replaced.The three pens are going to three brothers who played on the gym floor when they attended school there. The accent bands are African blackwood, brown dyed and stabilized boxelder, and blue dyed and stabilized boxelder. Enjoy and comments welcome...good, bad, or indifferent.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• 20141114_190718_3-1.jpg
    20141114_190718_3-1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 443
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wouldentu2?

I like them for several reasons. They hold sentimental for the recipient, have a softer finish, and the bands colors go well with the Maple. Very nice.

its_virgil

Thanks for the comments. No significance to the band colors. I just thought I would do each one different. African black wood is my go to wood for this pen most of the time.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

lwalper

Nice job. I was thinking I'd do something similar with some scraps of an old feed mill that is currently under deconstruction. 100 years old wood -- why not??

panamag8or

My old school is being demolished and replaced with a new campus, and I have been working with the front office to get a big piece of the gym floor, to make pens to raise money for the school.

Lots of history on that floor, and several state championships.

plano_harry

Those are really cool Don. Not often you get a chance to make a connection like that. If you got it all, you can probably make 10-20,000 more pens! Now if you could just find ALL the former players...:wink:

Top Bottom