Basics... back to basics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gtriever

gtriever

Satin-Finished Claro Walnut Burl and a basic Little Black Pen.

Walnut-Burl4_web.jpg Little-Black-Pen3_web.jpg

OZturner

A Very Neat Pen Art.
Love the Combination of the near Black Satin Finished Walnut Burl, and the Chrome Hardware.
Though I am a little confused with what I am seeing in photo 2.
I am having great difficulty with my mind translating "what is it", and "what is causing what I am seeing"?
I can see two lines of reflection travelling from the Nib to just before the Collar, then they start to converge.
Then on the Blank, they again start wider and then converge toward the centre of the Blank.
Where for some reason the light becomes interrupted as if there is a differential in Diameter that is causing the reflection to be bent or disappear with only a small Teardrop of a reflection, further up the Blank, apart from some dimmer and physically lower reflections along the Pen.
There must be a very sound reason for this, as I have not had a Drink yet, though after writing this I may need One or Several One's.
Please tell me what I am, or am not seeing, and put me out of my Confused Misery.
Regards,
Brian.

gtriever

Thanks, Brian. What you're seeing is two changes in reflection as (1) the light hits and travels down the black pen clip and (2) as it's interrupted again by the faceted collar and refocuses down to the nib ... I think. I might need a drink too after that explanation. :confused:

Last edited:

OZturner

Thanks, Brian. What you're seeing is two changes in reflection as (1) the light hits and travels down the black pen clip and (2) as it's interrupted again by the faceted collar and refocuses down to the nib ... I think. I might need a drink too after that explanation. :confused:

Thank you Art,
I was beginning to get worried.
At my age one gets concerned with any the effects of age on the Brain, in particular, when having difficulty processing the signals it receives, and interpreting to a known and recognized image. :rolleyes:
Now that's cleared up, I had better put that Bottle Down. :redface:
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom