Bash Benefit from Cody

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bobleibo

bobleibo

In the Bash this year, Cody (Cwalker935) submitted a cast pen of a motorcycle chopper that I really liked. When I mentioned this to him, it took about 2 seconds for him to offer to send me one. We agreed to trade his blank for a custom travel mug...he came out on the short end of the stick! He cast my favorite bike, a Harley Bagger postage stamp on a gear shift blank. When it arrived, 3 more blanks fell out of the package.
1st one is the Harley on the Gear kit, 2nd one on a Jr. Statesmen is a mystery and I told him not to tell me what it was yet - any guesses? - but in person the blue really pops, the 3rd one is bits of colored acrylics embedded in a white casting on a Zen that has real calming appearance and the 4th one is a hammered foil on a Navigator.
Each of these pens are far better in person than my photo skills show Cody's skills. I am convinced he'll cast anything if it stands still too long. Some of you will remember awhile back that he cast a Seahorse and a Starfish.
THANK YOU CODY! These are all proudly sitting in my display case.
Cheers~
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 20160327_192626.jpg
    20160327_192626.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 20160327_192416.jpg
    20160327_192416.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 112
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

All those for one travel mug? Bob, you sure came out ahead in that deal.

Boy, don't I know it!
Cody offered to send the blank so I told him I would trade him a mug for the blank. Couldn't believe it when I opened the package. It took me 3 weeks to catch up with my other orders before I could turn them...smiling all the way. I think my daughter is trying to nab the white one while she is visiting.
Hey Cody, can I send you a car or two to make it even?

Last edited:

Cwalker935

My side of the deal

I am glad that you are happy with the trade but I think that I came out on the better side of this trade. I got a beautiful personalized purpleheart travel mug. My coffee has tasted especially good this past week and better yet my wife cannot not claim this one. Bob, great work on the pens, the mystery casting looks great. I am sure that there are a number of folks who will recognize the material so I will not reveal it just yet. My front yard is covered with casting material right now.

mug.jpg

southernclay

You fellas both did well! Not sure who did better but you both should be grinning.....as for the material, those are sweet gum pods, got several sweet gums on our property, spiny little suckers!

JohnU

Nice pens and casting! That's one of the best things about casting, you always have a variety of blanks to make and turn. I think I only used up about five gallons of resin when I was playing with casting everything... from cereal and spices in the cabinet, hot chocolate mix and marsh mellows, sharks teeth, sand dollars, sea horses, star fish, bugs, scorpions, stamps, moss, oatmeal, jello, rice, pot pouri , nail polish, makeup and whatever else the wife wouldn't miss or what I found on the ground. It's fun to pull that box out and look at the blanks I never got around to turning. The worst part about the sea creatures is opening up the paper sack and getting hit with that smell! At least the food smells good. :biggrin: Congrats on a nice Group!

Last edited:

D.Oliver

I am glad that you are happy with the trade but I think that I came out on the better side of this trade. I got a beautiful personalized purpleheart travel mug. My coffee has tasted especially good this past week and better yet my wife cannot not claim this one. Bob, great work on the pens, the mystery casting looks great. I am sure that there are a number of folks who will recognize the material so I will not reveal it just yet. My front yard is covered with casting material right now.

View attachment 146658

Well it's nice to see that Bob had the decency not to put that hideous "G" on your mug, that I've seen him put on other mugs!:biggrin:

bobleibo

Carefull Cody...........It could be a Model A in pieces........some missing.

yep, many many pieces. I've been trying to pout it back together for 70 years!

Nice pens and casting! That's one of the best things about casting, you always have a variety of blanks to make and turn. I think I only used up about five gallons of resin when I was playing with casting everything... from cereal and spices in the cabinet, hot chocolate mix and marsh mellows, sharks teeth, sand dollars, sea horses, star fish, bugs, scorpions, stamps, moss, oatmeal, jello, rice, pot pouri , nail polish, makeup and whatever else the wife wouldn't miss or what I found on the ground. It's fun to pull that box out and look at the blanks I never got around to turning. The worst part about the sea creatures is opening up the paper sack and getting hit with that smell! At least the food smells good. :biggrin: Congrats on a nice Group!

Ok, at least Cody casts things that are in solid form. How do you cast nail polish, makeup (I hope your wife wasn't in them when you did) and hot chocolate?
Both of you are a bit off kilter :confused: but one of these days I'm going to learn how to cast so I can join that group too!

I know from experience putting the name on them does nothing more than tell you who stole it.......good luck with that one.

View attachment 146658[/quote]

Well it's nice to see that Bob had the decency not to put that hideous "G" on your mug, that I've seen him put on other mugs!:biggrin:

If you mean G for Green Bay, yeah buddy! The most in-demand mug I have. I think I've done just about every team out there and none compare!

Last edited:
Top Bottom