Bash Beginner Feedback

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from twinsen

twinsen

So I won the beginner beautiful pen contest. Now I have my sights set on the intermediate for next year.

I didn't think I would have a chance this year cause I almost never shape my pens like a traditional pen so I had planned to make a pen that looked more like a traditional pen. But my work buddy encouraged me to submit a pen that has my favorite profile even if it flopped. I did and IAP responded well. (I made my buddy a custom pen when I found out I won)

I am new to turning and pen turning but I've picked up a lot from looking at others work. I am look for feedback on what I did right and what I need to improve on.

Attachments

• twinsen2_zps376ffc8f.jpg
    twinsen2_zps376ffc8f.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 170
  • twinsen_zpscb561a3f.jpg
    twinsen_zpscb561a3f.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 150

southernclay

I'm really impressed by the balance of the whole thing, from the shaping at both sides of the centerband to the segmenting lines. It's all spot on. Great fit as well. Yours was one of several I saw when they were posted that I knew it was a much tougher contest than I expected. Well done and congrats! Post up some of the feather pens from your winnings so we can drool over and be jealous.....I mean happy for you haha.

Top Bottom