Baseball Themed Desk Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from thebillofwrites

This is a recent project that I had a lot of fun making.

It will probably end up as a gift for a baseball fan relative of mine.

The bat is an antique miniature that I picked up at a garage sale. It's just over 16" in length.

To preserve the "old" look & feel, I gave it a light buffing with a scotchbrite pad, and then rubbed in some True-Oil finish.

The guts are from a Panache kit.

Bill

Attachments

• Bat 1.JPG
    Bat 1.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 477
  • Bat 2.JPG
    Bat 2.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 465
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Looks great, did you get one certain pen kit, or did you built it out of multiple kits?

Hi Bill,

All of the parts come from the center section of a "Panache" kit from CSUSA

Artisan Panache Pen Kit | Pen Making | Craft Supplies USA

When the innards are glued in to each half, the small trim ring is left off of the handle end of the bat, and the protruding part on the barrel end is faced off flush so that I could have bare wood mating with bare wood when screwed together, instead of having the black hardware exposed like you see it on the kit pictures in the link.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Bill

wildbill23c

Banned
Looks great, did you get one certain pen kit, or did you built it out of multiple kits?

Hi Bill,

All of the parts come from the center section of a "Panache" kit from CSUSA

Artisan Panache Pen Kit | Pen Making | Craft Supplies USA

When the innards are glued in to each half, the small trim ring is left off of the handle end of the bat, and the protruding part on the barrel end is faced off flush so that I could have bare wood mating with bare wood when screwed together, instead of having the black hardware exposed like you see it on the kit pictures in the link.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Bill

Awesome, thank you for the link and the knowledge. I was kind of scratching my head trying to figure out how you did it.

Gord K.

Great job! I especially like that the grain lines up when the pen is closed. To me, it's those details that make the end result special.

Wow.......imagine my surprise when I logged in just now to see my pen looking back at me !!!

I'm honored, to say the least.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Hey Jeff......have you lived in Westlake your whole life?

I grew up in North Olmstead & Fairview Park. I know this will sound crazy, but I actually miss the winters there.....(Some Times). I left Ohio in 83.

Bill

Last edited:

razor524

Could you please tell me the overall length of this pen? My Dad is a huge Rockies fan and I think he would love something like this!

Sorry, reread the 1st post and saw the length! Great job by the way!

Last edited:
Top Bottom