Baseball Bats

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan26

Dan26

Made these yesterday. Made a total of 15 pens. Once I got the hang of it they were quick, easy, and addictive. A little late in the season, but just in time the the Fall Classics.

The refills are PaperMate. I was in Walgreen's a few weeks ago and bought a bag. It rang up for 31¢ for a pack of 10. I went back and bought 10 more packs. What a deal.

Attachments

• Baseball-Bats.jpg
    Baseball-Bats.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 441
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rsulli16

could you describe the procedure you use, and what sequence? drill first? mandrel?
Thanks
Sulli

Dan26

Thanks for the comments.

Jeremy, the pens I took these refills out of had an open cap. I would assume they wouldn't dry out. Well,maybe after a long, long time.

Mike, I turned the bats myself. I cut the blank about 9 inches long, used a 5/32" drill bit to drill the hole centered on the blank (drilled on the lathe). I have an 8" long drill bit to drill deep enough into the blank for the refill to fit. Then I just turn to size. The overall length is about 6-1/2". I think there's a tutorial in the IAP library. These are ash and walnut.

Woodlvr

Very nice work. Those look sharp.My two granddaughters start Fall tournaments this afternoon and I have wanted to make some of these but never got around to doing it. I just do not think that I can replicate like that.

Top Bottom