baseball bat pens revisited

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I've posted these pens before. The supplier's manufacturer has stopped making them, but I've found another style. It has a 6mm tube and there is no mandrel available so I have a friend with a metal lathe make me a mandrel. Tell me what you think if this kit. I like the other one better(pics in my photo album), but this one is not so bad. Comments welcome.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200621333055_New%20Bat%20Pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Nice bat pen, but the cap looks .....how can I say this.....
"cheap" in the photo. [:D] It looks like black electic tape. or is it pine tar [:D]

its_virgil

That's the one thing I don't like about this kit. I am figuring out how to make the kit all wood like the others were. It is hard black plastic and could be better. Look for an all wooden bat pen again soon...got any 6mm brass tubes? (I think the black plastic tube is soon to become the tube for the handle.)
do a good turn daily!
don
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Nice bat pen, but the cap looks .....how can I say this.....
"cheap" in the photo. [:D] It looks like black electic tape. or is it pine tar [:D]

Johnathan

Interesting, I can't say that I'd want one, but the child deep within me wouldn't mind turning just one.[:D]Good work, I feel the same whay as PenWorks, cap doesn't look strong. It would be nice to add a thin black line like the old time bats. You could even have Ken laser engrave a tradition bat logo. Even your going to make a bat pen, you might as well go all the way. Hit a home run!

Tea Clipper

Wow, what timing Don. I tried to place an order [for the original kit] with Poolewood Machinery last week, but they kicked it back saying the kit is out of stock with no delivery date. So I ordered through CS-UK on Friday, haven't heard back from them yet (beyond the automated reply).... But from what you're saying, they'll probably say no dice to, huh? So what kit is this, and more importantly, where did you get it? I have a friend at work that is bugging me for a baseball bat pen, and I really don't care for the hacked slimlines. I agree that this kits' handle should be modified like the old kit style.
Thanks,

its_virgil

Tea Clipper,
The old kit style is out of production according to the head man at Poolewood. I tried to do a group purchase in the summer of 2005 and they could find no kits[V]. I was told they were no in production. I hope that changes. The kit I posted is the cricket/baseball bat kit, also from CS UK and ordered from Poolewood. Woodchuckers in Canada also resells CS UK kits. I think I will try to do the handle in wood like the original kit. Trouble is that the tube is 6mm and I had to have a mandrel made to be able to make the kit. I have the process in a file at home that I'll send you this evening. I will not be able to get the wood to you until Thursday or Friday. Look for an email this evening.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Tea Clipper
<br />Wow, what timing Don. I tried to place an order [for the original kit] with Poolewood Machinery last week, but they kicked it back saying the kit is out of stock with no delivery date. So I ordered through CS-UK on Friday, haven't heard back from them yet (beyond the automated reply).... But from what you're saying, they'll probably say no dice to, huh? So what kit is this, and more importantly, where did you get it? I have a friend at work that is bugging me for a baseball bat pen, and I really don't care for the hacked slimlines. I agree that this kits' handle should be modified like the old kit style.
Thanks,

Tea Clipper

That's the one I tried to order from poolewood, p/n IB441D-5 "Baseball or Cricket Bat Pen Kit" and those are out of stock, 6mo+ wait (if ever). Unless you have a different partnumber? Actually, I'll just wait for the info you'll send me. Thanks Don!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom