Baseball Bat Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkD

MarkD

We are going to my Son's for the weekend to see my grandsons play baseball. The boys love baseball so I though it would be appropriate to make them baseball bat pencils ( they prefer pencils over pens because they can use them for their school work ).
This is an example of what I came up with. I started with a satin silver Comfort Pencil kit. It's made from hard maple, using a single 7mm tube. I even signed the bats with their names just to make the authentic :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

B Wo

That's an awesome pencil! It has a really great shape.

How did you sign their names? Is that pyrography, or did you use ink and then finish over it?

MarkD

Thanks Everyone! It was a fun project. I expect they will be a hit ( pun intended :) !

For the signatures I applied a few coats of CA, signed the names with an ultra fine point sharpie, let it dry overnight, and then applied a few more coats of CA.

B Wo

Very nice. Thanks for the tip, Mark.

Thanks Everyone! It was a fun project. I expect they will be a hit ( pun intended :) !

For the signatures I applied a few coats of CA, signed the names with an ultra fine point sharpie, let it dry overnight, and then applied a few more coats of CA.

chase1957

I visited the Louisville Slugger museum recently and was able to get a large box of what they call Nibs. These are the pieces of the top and handle of the bats that they make for the professional players. They have the ash and maple. These pieces are big enough for pens for sure. you can call Louisville and ask to get a box, they give them away. you will more than likely have to pay the shipping but its worth it. if not drop me a line I have some boxes. Great job on the bat pens

Top Bottom