Barred Peacock, Amherst and some of the Princess's PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I haven't had a lot of time to turn pens lately since working on home remodeling and feather blanks. My sister in law was in town from CA and since she is one of my biggest pen fans, I always try to make time and reward her (or win her over a little more). She went out of her way to find me some barred Peacock feathers so wanted to make her a pen from them. The first two are Diplomats from Exoticblanks.com, one being the barred peacock and the other an amherst pheasant. The second set of pens are for her to take back to her husband, who likes is cigar pens. Only the best blanks will do so he got 2 of Dawn's "PR Princess" resin perfections. I love the color and swirl she puts into her blanks. Now if only I would have wiped off my finger prints before the picture. All comments welcome. Thanks John

Attachments

• diplomats amherst  barred peacock.JPG
    diplomats amherst barred peacock.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Dawns Pr.JPG
    Dawns Pr.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tankerman

Can't realy see all the detal on the fether pens... Can you send me one and I promise I will not return it ...lol

They look great

bitshird

Your feather blanks have intrigued me for a while now. these are beautiful, I used to tie flys when I was a teenager, and I have an idea how hard it is, The cigars are nice, I like the Princesses work, she is great.

Old Lar

Not only can you make great feather blanks, but you are pretty good at turning pens too. Nice job!

workinforwood

Beautiful John...you make it look so easy! Brings back the memories, that's for sure...sitting at the kitchen table with 20 peacock feathers and several tubes, with glue, paper, brushes, anything I could think of to make one of those darn things stick! That was one expensive time consuming waste of a weekend for me. :mad::biggrin:

JohnU

Beautiful John...you make it look so easy! Brings back the memories, that's for sure...sitting at the kitchen table with 20 peacock feathers and several tubes, with glue, paper, brushes, anything I could think of to make one of those darn things stick! That was one expensive time consuming waste of a weekend for me. :mad::biggrin:
LOL! I can relate to that. I spent my last several days off working on a large group of jr feather blanks. I cant count how many hours were involved, not to mention all the feathers, only to find 13 sets (26 tubes) full of silver air pockets along the feathers . I still dont know what went wrong, guessing bad MEKP. Ive opened the new bottle and "SUCCESS" again. That was a bad day... :mad: lol I can laugh about it now.

John can I trade in my brother for you?? Gorgeous pens I love the peacock feathers...
LOL Im guessing my wife would take you up on that trade if he remembers to empty the dishwasher. lol

Thanks for all the comments. Now its back to glueing feathers. lol

wizard

They are all beautiful !! Dawn's PR blanks are magical and you did a great job with them. I don't know much about feather blanks, nevertheless, yours
look gorgeous!! I think I may have to try and turn one of them!

Top Bottom