Barons for the University

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerberpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerberpens

It has been a while since my last picture post, so here is what I've been up to the past weekend ...

The president of my university asked my to turn some pens for the retiring trustees. So I turned five Barons out of Amboyna burl. I also had pen cases engraved with their name and the university seal. As a surprise to the president (and not to be left out) I made a pen and case for him.

Here are some pics of the pens. I'm trying a new pen photo booth, homemade rubbermaid container with lights on the side and some fancy paper in the middle. It is still a work in progress.

Thanks for looking.

200510315957_OBU%20Barons.jpg

2005103151021_OBU%20Baron.jpg

2005103151041_Baron%20OBU%201.jpg

200510315114_OBU%20Case.jpg

PS Remember the president's pen is a surprise so please don't tell him! :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Those look really great. I am sure that the president will be blown away.

As for you photos. I would recommend more fixed light. It will allow you to bring out the finishes and to add shadow effects. I also use the plastic photo box, but with two 60 watt lamps that I can move around to adjust light bounce, etc. I usually end up lighting from the entry to the box.

Other than that, the photos look well put together. A little blurry on the single shot, but I am usually guilty of that as well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Fangar

JimGo

Those are beautiful pens, and I'm sure they will be well appreciated! I called the President today to tell him how lucky he is to be getting one! (kidding)

Randy_

Well executed project Gary. Did you give any consideration to engraving the university seal on the pens as well. I think that would have been a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom