Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jcraigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcraigg

First attempt at a Baron

2005121123818_Baron%202.jpg

2005121123834_Baron%201.jpg

Took a lot of CA Let Me know what you think Good or Bad it will help the next be better I HPPE[:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micah

Jeff, I'm not one of the more experienced guys here of course, but it looks real nice.
I had to learn quick how to work the CA on the burl that I did as well.
Hopefully I can try one of the Barons real soon!

Micah

wayneis

It look like you did a fine job. My only suggestion is one of personal taste, I personally don't care for that much swell, in my opinion these and the Jr. Gent/Statesman should only have a gentle curve. You are pretty close but just a touch to much. Fit and finish look very nice though. The more that you do these pens and look in other people albums you will see that some kits even look better with no curve at all, just a plain bushing to bushing cut. A perfect example is the Emperor and the Statesman, these in my opinion look much better bushing to bushing. Have fun making daw dust.

Wayne

Jcraigg

Wayne I looked around and I think you are Right they do look a little better bushing to bushing I think I was a little intimiated with the Unstabilized Spalted Maple I think I will try again I'm off to the shop Thanks C'YA

Jeff

Thumbs

Looks pretty good from here! Bushing to bushing or bulbous, no matter how you do it, enjoy, and just do it! Do it the way that you think looks best![:)]

JimGo

Yup, it looks great! Unlike Wayne, I like a little more of a swell in my Baron/Jr Gent's. But, like Wayne said, it's a personal taste issue.

alamocdc

Jeff, I like it just the way it is. Fine job! I don't particularly care for B2B Barons and Gents, but that's just my taste. As you can see, it's simply a matter of preference. I aosl don't care for bulbous Barons and Gents either. I think yours is just right. [^]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom