Baron with Shredded Money

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stevej72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevej72

I am happier with this pen than my last one. The only thing I think I would like different is the diameter of the closed end, it could be a little smaller but I can live with it. I painted the tubes and should have painted the inside of the blank as you could see right through it where the tube ended. I did get some paint in before assembleing so it wasn't a problem.

2008121153841_01%2021%2008_0149_edited-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

That's one cool looking pen! I like the closed-end with your blank because you really focus on the paper without having the hardware distract from it. And the paper looks like it's swimming in the blank. Very cool. Good work!

Sylvanite

Steve,

That's a pretty pen and I agree with everything you say about it. The shape is nice, but I too think a slightly smaller diameter end would look even better. Did you use a darker green background paint this time, or does it just look that way because there's more money visible?

Keep up the good work,
Eric

Tanner

Looks great Steve! My wife brought hers to the bank where she works and now everyone wants one. What would you charge for one like yours? How long do you leave the blank for the closed end? Was this your own blank you made? The shredded money blank I got was barely long enough for a closed end. By the way I made one of your Water Main Pipe blanks into a cigar pen. It turned out fantastic! I mailed it to my Dad to give to a retired Water Department friend of his. The guy ran around the Eagles Club all night showing people. I did not get a chance to take a picture of it, so I'm going to make another, this time closed end. I'll take a picture of it and post it.

Stevej72

Thanks for the nice comments, I painted the tubes with a dark green color.

Tim, this is one of the blanks I ordered from Elmostro. Sounds like you may be able to make some money selling them to the people at the bank. I think I will try to sell this somewhere around $70.

Glad your Dad liked the water main pen! I had a closed end Baron that I made with the water main pipe and gave it to a friend for his birthday this past Saturday. He had also worked at the water dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom