Baron Rollerball in Antler and Ebony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pioneerpens

Pioneerpens

I made this Baron with Deer Antler and Gabon Ebony...I liked the contrast of the two colors.. Comments always welcome!
Thanks for looking!:)

Attachments

• baronAntler1.JPG
    baronAntler1.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 150
  • baronAntler2.jpg
    baronAntler2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 132
  • baronAntler3.jpg
    baronAntler3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 109
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Allenk

Awesome pen, Jennifer...
Do you have any trouble with the Gabon Ebony cracking?
The only way I can keep it from cracking, is to cut the blank, drill it out, using water as a coolant, and then allow the blank to cure out, in my refer/kiln. So far, so good...
How about you?

Pioneerpens

Thanks Jim..Allen~ this is the first time I have turned the ebony. It had a small crack to start with so I used ca on it to start. I drilled very slowly and stopped a few times just to let the blank cool down. I added ca several times~ just a drop~ on the crack during turning and sanding and it sealed it nicely with no others occuring...Perhaps beginners luck? lol

Jgrden

Thanks Jim..Allen~ this is the first time I have turned the ebony. It had a small crack to start with so I used ca on it to start. I drilled very slowly and stopped a few times just to let the blank cool down. I added ca several times~ just a drop~ on the crack during turning and sanding and it sealed it nicely with no others occuring...Perhaps beginners luck? lol
Jennifer, don't turn your back on it, it WILL split.

Top Bottom