Baron kit, blue acrylic and burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigNick73

BigNick73

I've got a lathe for Christmas this year and have been lurking here a good bit. I turned this tonight, and am so pleased with it I had to share. I actually ruined 2 blanks before this one. I had one acrylic go off center, this is only the 2nd pen I've done TBC so probably some oversight by me. Then I had another burl cap acrylic that blew up at the last minute. They are definitely a challenge for a new turner.

Attachments

• IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hey ! Looking really good ! You're off to a great start !! Seems like you are diving in at the deep end and being quite successful. That's the way to go, IMHO !!

BigNick73

Hey ! Looking really good ! You're off to a great start !! Seems like you are diving in at the deep end and being quite successful. That's the way to go, IMHO !!

Thanks! I agree, I tend to put less effort in when I'm in the shallow end. If I'm risking ruining a $15 blank I tend to pay way more attention and take my time.

If fact I'm waiting on some taps, dies, nibs and a collet chuck right now, so will be way off the deep end by next week.

Top Bottom