Baron FP w/updated pic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

This is some more of Dario's old Liveoak burl. I really love this stuff! Chrome Baron FP and it's been getting a lot of attention.

200581914523_baronFP_liveoak_burl.jpg

Thanks for looking and as always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

EDIT: To add this pic.
Okay, Dario, is this more along what you wanted?

2005819221816_baronFP_liveoak_burl2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Hey, I really like the curves with this particular wood! The wood really sets off the design of the pen you choose. Nice Job!!!
PS I love the giraffee pen!!! Wasn't that yours?
[:)]

Dario

Billy,

Nice...I would like to see it with out the cap if possible [:)]. While I am a B2B guy, some of the stuff I've seen here is making me re-consider [:D]...be a bit adventurous and expeiment a little [;)].

Keep 'em turning...you know where to get more of that stuff when you ran out [}:)][:D][:p]

Rifleman1776

Interesting treatment of a Baron. I like and I usually don't care for bumps and curves. Attractive wood. Does live oak have a closer and tighter grain than regular oak? I don't do small turnings with oak because of the openess of the grain.

Dario

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Attractive wood. Does live oak have a closer and tighter grain than regular oak? I don't do small turnings with oak because of the openess of the grain.

Hope this is not a hijack, because it is a shameful plug LOL.

Regular live oak does have open grain.

This (however) is not a regular live oak [;)]. For some reason...maybe due to age this stock have very tight grain.

Not sure if you read my ad but it is from a centenarian Live Oak tree...we call them Heritage oak here in Texas. The branch (yes branch) that this burl/crotch was collected from is about 4'-0" in diameter!!!

alamocdc

Thank you, Alice! And yes, the giraffe is mine. [:D] I'm glad you liked it! BTW, I have a zebra waiting in the wings, but it won't be a SL. [;)]

Thanks, Dario! I'll see what I can do about posting a second pic with the cap removed this evening.

I appreciate the kind words, Anthony! That means a lot coming from you. [:D]

Oops, took too long to answer. Thanks Frank and Jim!!! Frank, this burl does seem to be a bit tighter than most of the other oak I've worked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom