Baron FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

This is the Baron Fountain pen that I told you about in the other post, where I didn't use the gold and black rings. I think it still looks ok. It's made from a maple Burl and finished with friction polish.
BaronFPMapleBurl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cigarman

R.T.
I have done several Barons and it is fast becoming one of my favorite kits. The way that you did this one IMHO adds a touch of class to a fine pen. Sometimes the rings can distract from the wood. Good job.

PenWorks

Very nice looking pen RT. Your client will never know you shorted them parts, unless you tell [:D] I also noticed, the spring in the end cap is gone as well [:D] If your client wants this pen as a rollerball, your going to have to find one [:p] Good Job.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
R.T.--that's a great looking pen. The lack of rings does not detract from the appearance in the least. In fact, it's a cleaner, smarter look. Anthony...you're right about that spring. The kit parts as packaged force you to select one style or the other. I think a suggestion to Bill B. is in order.

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments!

Anthony, yeah I think that sucks about the spring. I just wonder if the ink cartage will stay in place without the spring? What a mess that might be. I didn't measure it, is there enough room for the spring to even be in there when using this kit as a FP?

Eagle, that's hitting below the belt! [:D]

wayneis

It may be a nice option to be able to sell a Barron or Jr. Gent/statesman that is both a fountain and a rollerball. I haven't measured it but I don't believe that leaving the spring in would prevent you from using a pump but using a cartridge would be noproblem.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom