A Baron and a Cigar pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Desert Ironwood (from Joe Suckley) is fast becoming one of my favourite woods to turn, even though it makes me sneeeeeze like crazy!
attachment.php

The DI has been buffed with Formax buffing compounds followed by a buffing of Carnuba Wax to retain it's soft warm feel.
attachment.php

This Cigar pen has been turned from a Brooks 803 blank (no name for the blank given).

I used the Woodchuck 4" rad. cutter to turn, then sanded from 400 to 600 grit parallel to the ways of the lathe, followed by a rubdown with 0000 steel wool. FLITZ Metal Polish and Fibreglass Cleaner was followed by Meguiar's PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish.

Attachments

• 546-1 (Small).jpg
    546-1 (Small).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 547 (Small).jpg
    547 (Small).jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 384
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Good looking pens there Mack , I was lucky enough to get some of the ironwood from Joe ,and none of the pens made from it have dissapointed :)
Cheers ~ John

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Beautiful pens, Mack. The DIW one really catches my eye,
love the matching finial.
Thanks for your comments, Paul!

It took 3 tries to get a finial I could use. I blew the first one up, forgot to undercut the 2nd one so it wouldn't sit down flat. The 3rd one is a little more angled than I really wanted, but I wasn't about to start on a 4th.

Besides I was running out of shorts of DI!

Brooks803

They're both great Mack! No name for the blank...I make so many different kinds that naming them would take forever! I like the finial as well. Superb!

Top Bottom