Barn wood and CA-BLO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plomanto

plomanto

A buddy of mine asked me if I could plane a bunch of old barn wood for him( it was his late grandfathers barn) he is going to panel a wall with it.

There was one very small piece so I made him a pen from it. after I turned it it looked very plain, but as I started sanding it the grain popped out. I think it looks pretty cool for old red wood.

HPIM1909.jpg
HPIM1911.jpg

I wish I had a better kit but I only had the slimline on hand and I have to deliver in the AM..When I get my shipment later this week I will have to try a few others

Peter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

negid

Great looking pens. I'm sure he'll be very excited to see this little bonus.

Rifleman1776

I call something like that "Heritage Pens". It is an adjunct to my marketing and brings happy customers and good profits. CA is often necessary to harden old and punky wood. Lookin' good. I'm sure he apprciated those.

Tanner

That is so cool when you can make a Heritage Pen for someone. I think it's great when you can link a pen to a person. Fantastic job on the pen!

GBusardo

He's going to love that pen!
I was out visiting my nephew, who lives out near old farms. I seen quite a few half collapsed barns on the way there. I was thinking, what could I do? Knock on someone's door and say, you mind if i take a small board or two off your disaster of a barn? lol Even if they were to say, go help yourself, they would have to wonder about the liability factor. Someday I wil have the nerve to go knocking

Top Bottom