Barn wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Laurenr

Laurenr

A lady in Washington State sent me some barn wood, asking if I could make pens from it. She wants them as gifts for her family, as the barn and family farm is no longer in existence. So far this is what I have come up with.

Attachments

• Barnwood4.jpg
    Barnwood4.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 396
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Beautiful work. Was the color already in the wood?

I did a similar thing with wood from my wife's grandmother's plum tree after she died. Great response.

robutacion

A lady in Washington State sent me some barn wood, asking if I could make pens from it. She wants them as gifts for her family, as the barn and family farm is no longer in existence. So far this is what I have come up with.

And so far, I reckon you done a good job at it...!:wink:

Is always very pleasing to be able to produce something (pen or other) out of a piece of wood with significance, huh...???

Cheers
George

Papa mark

Great job, like the colors. A lady at my work brought me a slab of 100 year old pecan that she wanted a pen made for her mom. Dad told mom about it and now the order has increased to six pens for the family, my choice on designs. Sweet !!!

Lauren,
That's a very very nice pen... she'll treasure that for years...

There's a great old tobacco barn sitting across the road in front of my house... not sure what the wood is it's made from, likely oak here in East Tennessee... I suspect there's about a million blanks in the wood...

Old Lar

That's a great looking pen. Another wood for me to try. I have a big pile of barn wood that I use to make picture frames for some scroll saw pics that I make. I too got a piece of cedar out of an old barn built in eastern SD in 1904. The guy wants 8 pens for his family. Made one- great old wood.

Top Bottom