Barn wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Yup---it's from someones great grand paws barn---or to me and you---wormy red oak-----10 Jr Gents---and one pencil which CSUSA shipped this morning. Not everything has to be sexy to be enjoyed.
Finish is just a fast BLO---Ca--two coats so it still feels like wood.

20071126194353_barnone.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Heck I was tickeled to get the work----things will be slow around here for the next couple of months.
Dustin----remind me -----I got something you will really like---I will toss it in with your next order---we will just call it a early Christmas gift.

txbatons

Those are great pens! Anything of sentimental value is a winner for me. And to a lot of folks who have bought things from me.

In fact, I got back to campus today and noticed that over the break the maintenance guys cut down a mesquite tree near the library. There's nothing left but a stump at ground level. I've been eyeing it for years because of a couple of burls on the trunk, so I grabbed a little piece of the stump that wasn't cut all the way through. I'll find out in a year or so if it's worth using. Oh well.

Rifleman1776

Very good order. I offer a service I call "Heritage Pens". Exactly what you did. Wood that has special meaning for the customer. Like from Grandads old barn, or a tree from the family cemetery, old gun stock, old boat, anything that has that sentimental value for the customer. I have had several of these orders. All were made from wood out of the hold family homestead. And, coincidentally, all were cherry. Haven't had to stabilize yet, but I'm sure it will be necessary one of these days.
BTW, nice work and congratulations.

GBusardo

Great order Gary, and fine work too. If the family is keeping the pens for their own use, I can't think of a better way to keep the barn in the family, so to speak. I hate to see anything old go away. Personally, I would be honored to get such an order.

Gary Max

I do have a little trick we use--------------I always make sure they get back the left over wood. And I make them a little something extra---a ornament or a small desk set. I have found that everyone likes a little extra something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom