Bark and Bark or Dust and Dust

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JayDevin

JayDevin

While on Vacation in Southern Oregon, I stopped at Cook Woods in Klamath Falls. it was like a kid in a Candy store!:biggrin:
One of the things that I picked up was some Douglas Fir Bark pen blanks and Walnut Bark Pen blanks.
They Look superb! they are like turning Dust....and when you add CA you have a layer of CA then Dust! I managed to get 2 done, one of Each, they sort of shaped themselves as you dont have a whole lot of choice...depends on how the dust flies! These 2 will be going home to Cook Woods.
Doug Fir is on the Left
Walnut is on the Right

Comments welcomed

Attachments

• DSC00403.JPG
    DSC00403.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 350
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Jay ... Very nice job! I really like the golden swirl in the Douglas Fir. Did you ever consider having them stabilized? I bet they would be beautiful stabilized! :biggrin:

tbroye

Nice Pens never would have though about bark and making a pens. Wonder if they have some on the we site?
Cook Woods was at the woodworking show here in the spring. Picked up some nice blanks inexpensively. Hope they come back for the fall show in October so I can really load up. Some of the slabs and table top wood was absolutly beautiful.

Last edited:

JayDevin

Tom, Not sure that the Bark is on the sie yet as Per Chris this was an experiment.
Drop them a not or give them a call, I am sure that they will sell you some.
Tell Chris and Bill that Jay told you about them!

Top Bottom