Bar Mitzvah !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Please welcome Jason Daniel C. as he is called to the Torah to become a Bar Mitzvah. ;)

Okay, I am pretty excited, as this is my first Bar Mitzvah I have ever been invited to. I was starting to think, Italians were bared from these things. :D I just had the wrong attorney.

So I made this for Jason, the colors are pretty close to what I wanted. These are pearl resins, I wanted to use flakes, but didn't have any. Thanks for looking. :)

20074283240_barmitzvahopen.jpg

200742832423_barmitzvahclosed.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

What a party ! Just got back, it went from 2:30 to 8 PM. My first Bar Mitzvah. Plenty to eat & drink, the service was very spiritual even though I didn't understand half of what the Rabi said & sang, since most of it was in Hebrew. Also glad I didn't have to pick up the tab [:0] Now I wonder if I can wear my new yamika to the golf course tomarrow [:D]

Thanks for the comments.

cutterwoodjoe

Anthony,
Nice looking pen very tasteful, and I'm Italian and 54 and also have never been to a Bar Mitzva (my kids have) but you have to learn to spell the hat right, or you won't get invited to any more[:)], it's spelled yarlmuke but pronounced yamika. I can remember that but not what I had for breakfast LOL ~ Joe Pozzi

jckossoy

Nice pen. Hope you didn't try to outdrink some the guests. Some of us can really hold our liquor and food and dancing. You can also call a yarmulke a kippa or skullcap. Had mine 29 years ago. My Torah portion was Barmidbar (Numbers). Today's was actually a double portion Achrei-Mos and Kedushim. It is the portion that has some of the most commandments.

My Rabbi's 6th child becomes Bar Mitzvah next year (he has 11 children). His oldest's wedding last year had about 600 guests.

Let's all have a L'Chaim,

GaryMGg

Anthony, that <b>is</b> a splendid pen.

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />... you may just have to tell me that joke, I never heard it.[:)]

It's a cultural thing; in modern times, after the Bar Mitzvah a boy might have
said, Today I am a man. But, FPs became such a common gift that stand-up comics
would tell Bar Mitzvah stories saying, "Today, I am a fountain pen."
I remember my dad telling me that when I was nearly 13. It still ain't that funny [;)]

BTW, having used the word splendid above reminds me to commend y'all to
rent "Scorchers" and watch it. Wonderful film, especially the opening monologue.
Don't rent it if frankness offends you, but otherwise it's a wonderfully enjoyable movie.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom