Banski pod pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from reiddog1

reiddog1

Hey folks. I'm finally back turning pens after moving to FL, building a new lathe stand, and starting my new job. This is my first one in my new garage. It's a Chrome Zen with my first Banski pod/Alumilite blank I poured. As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

-Dave

Attachments

• Pen.jpg
    Pen.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 479
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hey folks. I'm finally back turning pens after moving to FL, building a new lathe stand, and starting my new job. This is my first one in my new garage. It's a Chrome Zen with my first Banski pod/Alumilite blank I poured. As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

-Dave

I thought at first that was one of mine but the name you used for the pod, I'm not familiar with and I wonder if was a typo error..!

Anyway, I see you created that beauty and congrats on your effort, it did come out beautifully...!

Are those pods local to you..???? any pics of the pods by themselves...???

Thanks for showing it to us all...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

reiddog1

I thought at first that was one of mine but the name you used for the pod, I'm not familiar with and I wonder if was a typo error..!

Anyway, I see you created that beauty and congrats on your effort, it did come out beautifully...!

Are those pods local to you..???? any pics of the pods by themselves...???

Thanks for showing it to us all...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George[/quote]

It's actually a banksia pod. Sorry for the mispelling. Not local to me. I ordered them from rockler since they always charm me with free shipping.

Finish? CA...?
Or was it not necessary while finishing....inquiring minds and all.

Scott (nicely done on everything) B

2 coats of thin CA, follwed by 12 coats of Medium CA. Sand 320/400/600, then buff with tripoli and white diamond.

Thanks again,

Dave

Attachments

• banksiapod.jpg
    banksiapod.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 275

healeydays

George,

Even though they are all imported from your great land, Banksia pods can be found here in the states at specialty shops. If I had been thinking, I would have had you add a couple to the blanks I just bought from you...

Mike B

Top Bottom