Banksia Roman Harvest Fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

I turned this with the Banksia blanks from George (robutacion). Its a Roman Harvest fountain pen with rhodium and black titanium accents, photographed with a Canon 5D Mark III using a macro lens with a light box. Added the Banksia nuts and shells for effect.

Attachments

• Hybrid Banksia Roman Harvest Fountain Pen-1.jpg
    Hybrid Banksia Roman Harvest Fountain Pen-1.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 288
  • Hybrid Banksia Roman Harvest Fountain Pen-3.jpg
    Hybrid Banksia Roman Harvest Fountain Pen-3.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 214
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Sean,

You didn't lose any time showing us your "goodies", huh...???:wink::biggrin:

You certainly have a fair collection of pen blanks, from the Mt. Compass fellow:) so, lets see a few more...!

Now, that Banksia Hairy blank was a #45st (straight cut) one of the older types I made, was that a stabilised or raw pod...???

I see that you have some Dwarf Banksia pods with that pen so, I will assume that you have a tree nearby, right..??? if so, start picking, I need a few, I pay for them, off-course...!:wink::biggrin:

Is good to know you are around mate, you live in one of the most isolated and hottest places in Australia, you should have no troubles with the CA not drying, huh...???:cool::)

Thanks for sharing...!

Cheers
George

OZturner

Fantastic Pen Sean,
The Roman Harvest and George's (robutacion) Banksia Blank are a perfect Combination.
Great Fit and Finish.
What finish / technique did you use?
Your photograph is very sharp and interesting with the variety of textures of the Banksia Cones, Shells, Rocks, etc.
IMHO, they tend to distract and draw my eye and attention away from the base object of the Photograph, the Pen.
Love your Pen.
Congratulations,
Brian.

tgsean

Finish of the Roman Harvest Pen

Thanks for all the comments, you are right, the window dressing does take away from the pen, I should remember that. I use CA finish for this pen.

tgsean

George I hand picked a few dwarf banksia when I was in woolgoolga for a week on a turning holiday with John Ewart my teacher. I did not know that it was dwarf banksia. Kalgoorlie has no banksia mate.

robutacion

George I hand picked a few dwarf banksia when I was in woolgoolga for a week on a turning holiday with John Ewart my teacher. I did not know that it was dwarf banksia. Kalgoorlie has no banksia mate.

Hi Sean,

What a shame mate...! I was hoping that you would say, "yeah, I've got my street full of these Banksia trees, they have thousands of dry pods in them...!":eek::):frown:

On the other hand, I didn't know that Banksias are not a thing of that part of the world, Australia is extremely rich in Banksias, there are dozens and dozens of species, most look identical only noticeable by the different colour flowers they produce, there is, is between the various varieties...!

Oh well, I will keep looking...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom